Modification: Child Support & Custody

Final Orders regarding your children can be modified or changed under certain circumstances. Generally, a custody order can be modified if there has been a material and substantial change in circumstance since the previous order was entered.

A party can modify a previous Child Support Order if there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances (such as one parent losing their job) or it has been 3 years since the last child support order and the amount that would be ordered differs by either 20% or $100 dollars.

If there has been a change in circumstance where you are no longer able to make your monthly child support payment, it is important to file a Modification immediately because the court can only retroactively reduce your child support obligation back to the day you filed the modification lawsuit. 

Contact Us

We would to leave to hear from you. Please provide your information in the form below to get started!

** We welcome your email, but please understand that if you are not already a client of Seltzer & Dally, PLLC, we cannot represent you until we confirm that doing so would not create a conflict of interest and is otherwise consistent with the policies of our firm. Accordingly, please do not include any confidential information until we verify that the firm is in a position to represent you and our engagement is confirmed in a letter. Prior to that time, there is no assurance that information you send us will be maintained as confidential. Thank you for your consideration.